The results of the Citywire Switzerland Fund Manager and Group Awards 2018 have been announced and here we take a look at this years’ winning groups.
Celebrating the very best in Swiss asset management, the industry’s leading talents gathered in Zurich yesterday evening.
We handed out awards for Citywire Best Groups and Citywire Best Fund Managers across a total of 12 investment sectors.
Here’s a look at all the nominees topping the boards in the equities and bonds space.
Citywire’s fund manager database tracks and rates over 15,000 individual portfolio managers across 41 countries, and our awards give us the opportunity to highlight some of Switzerland's leading asset management talent.
We can now reveal the winning groups for each sector, here’s a closer look. To find out a full list of who was nominated for the awards, please click here for bonds and on here for the first round of equities and here for the second batch.
First up, bonds. Here are the winning groups for the each of the bond sectors:
- Bonds – Emerging markets global hard currency: Wellington Management
- Bonds – Global flexible: Natixis Global Asset Management
- Bonds – Swiss Franc: Fisch Asset Management
Next up, we have the players taking top honours in the equity sectors, and the winners are:
- Equity – Europe: Dalton Strategic Partnership
- Equity – Global: Fundsmith
- Equity – Switzerland: zCapital
- Equity - Switzerland small & medium companies: Pictet
- Equity – Global emerging markets: Hermes IM
- Equity – Japan: Fidelity International
- Equity – US: Seilern IM
- Property – Global equity: Swisscanto Invest Zürcher Kantonalbank
Find all the fund manager winners for each sector here.
Best Fund Manager Awards go to the individual fund manager generating the highest risk-adjusted returns in a particular sector over the past three years to the end of January 2018 in Switzerland. These are based on the individual track records for all funds they have run in the sector over this period.
Best Fund Manager Awards are derived by isolating the individuals with the highest risk-adjusted returns at a sector level over three years to the end of January 2018. In order to qualify, fund managers must run a fund registered for sale in Switzerland.
Our ratings methodologies are actuarially approved by AKG Actuaries & Consultants.