We are very pleased to announce the date of our first ever Citywire Switzerland Awards.
We will be handing out Citywire Best Groups and Citywire Best Fund Managers awards across 12 investment sectors on 7th June in Geneva.
We will be announcing the nominees for each of the sectors over the coming weeks.
Citywire’s fund manager database tracks and rates over 15,000 individual portfolio managers across 41 countries, and our awards give us the opportunity to highlight some of the best fund managers and groups available to investors.
Sectors up for nominations are:
Bonds - Emerging Markets Global Hard Currency
Bonds - Global
Bonds - Global High Yield
Bonds - Swiss Franc
Equity - Europe
Equity - Europe Income
Equity - Global
Equity - Global Emerging Markets
Equity - Japan
Equity - North America
Equity - Switzerland
Property - Global Equity
Citywire Best Group Awards methodology
To win an award, groups must go through the Citywire Group Ratings methodology, which pits them against the best global talent in an investment sector. The winner is the top fund group available to investors in Switzerland.
How does it work?
Citywire Group Ratings recognise the expertise of the group as a whole in managing money in specific investment sectors over seven years. This rewards the depth of talent that sits at the core of the best asset management houses.
We filter to include only the group’s strategies that are registered for sale in Switzerland. This provides the best platform to reward the best groups in Switzerland.
Our unique, quant-based methodology ensures fair and transparent scrutiny of the capabilities of each fund group, and allows for comparison between boutiques and global giants.
The key components of the methodology are:
- Manager experience: Every fund manager that has managed money for three years or more counts towards the Citywire Fund Group Rating in every sector they are eligible for.
- The longer the better: The analysis period covers seven years. Within this time frame, the average of the manager’s rolling three years risk-adjusted performance in the sector is calculated. This is weighted based on the period of activity during the time frame. The more we know about the managers the better, meaning consistency of outperformance and experience are rewarded.
- Outperformance: Managers must add value above their benchmark over this time period. How much they outperform gives them a manager score.
- Handling money: Managers are attributed a small bonus for managing considerable assets in a sector.
- Scoring the group: All managers in the fund group active in that sector, who fulfil the criteria, have their scores averaged to produce a group score.
Citywire Best Fund Manager methodology
Best Fund Manager Awards go to the individual fund manager generating the highest risk-adjusted returns in a particular sector over the past three years to 31 March 2016 in Switzerland. These are based on the individual track records for all funds they have run in the sector over this period.
Best Fund Manager Awards are derived by isolating the individuals with the highest risk-adjusted returns at a sector level over three years to 31 March 2016. In order to qualify, fund managers must run a fund registered for sale in Switzerland.
Our ratings methodologies are actuarially approved by AKG Actuaries & Consultants.